This module describes the skills and knowledge required in plant biology for a Forest Worker. The module will allow the trainee to describe the mechanisms of plant reproduction, germination, growth, and development as the basis of seed collection, nursery establishment, forest plantation setup, forest maintenance, plant pest, and disease control, and other related modules.
By the end of this lesson learners will be able to perform the followings:
- Differentiate seeds characteristics, Identify the germination types and their factors, Perform seeds germination, and Seed pre-treatment,
- Categorize plant groups, Differentiate major parts of flowering plants, Describe plant growth and development stages,
- Differentiate growth and development factors, Describe plant phenology, Describe plant nutrient uptake and water movement,
- Describe photosynthesis in plants, and Differentiate reproduction organs,
- Differentiate reproduction system, and Differentiate pollination agents.